Re: More Adventures with CityRail.

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999 08:08:03 +1100, David & Julie Donald
<dsjmd@hermes.net.au> wrote:

>We were finally told that the replacement, an eight-car S-set, was only going to
>stop at Parramatta and Sydney Terminal, and thus it was a straight replacement
>for our train.  However, it already had passengers on board, and there was a
>significant number of standees from our train on departure from Penrith.
>Departure was at 0729, and it was a very brisk run to Blacktown, where we
>slowed, and then through to Parramatta.  A further brisk run was made through to
>Strathfield, and then Sydney Terminal, where arrival was at 0817, just on twenty
>minutes late.
>Why this train could not have been taken through the Underground to North Sydney
>is anyone's guess, though naturally I am not aware as to what it did, or was
>expected to do, as it next roster.

I'd say they did a reasonably good job. It is not everyday that they
would put on an extra train because one was apparently faulty! As for
North Sydney it may be a good idea, but how many on the train would
have expected it. Probably best to just run it as if it were the
interurnan.
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email. Delete word 'Spam'.