Re: Whats happening with the VFT.

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:16:03 +1100, Richard
<richard_snook@primus.com.au> wrote:

>There is all this money spent on Airports and roads, so we can perpetuate the sin. Bloody idiots. Planes dont stop along
>the way...so they are a big help for regional Australia arent they!!
>How much money is about to be spent on new terminal and airports??.
>How much confidence should we have when the Canberra clowns cant even get their act together for a train to their own
>town!!

Slight correction here please: There are only 4 local federal pollies
who could call Canberra their own town, the rest are dumped upon us by
the rest of the bloody country. And all our local (ACT Government)
pollies, led by Miss Kate are all for the thing and are pushing real
hard.

  But in reality how many of YOUR pollies would be using a train to
get to Canberra? Most would be flying in and would not want the
inconveniance of a guage change from aircraft to train in Sydney. The
only pollies who could be reasonably expected (or want) to use a fast
train would be those in the Sydney area!

 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email. Delete word 'Spam'.