Re: Whats happening with the VFT.

The fate of the original VFT was sealed with hypocrisy fromthe thenGovernment reagarding TAX offsets..Inits mosybasic
form the legislation of the day allowed these concessions toan existing company..But the then new consortium was
requesting this same status, but the Government used some loop hole of its tax laws to stymie this request.The viability
of the original as indeed the present prospect releis tosome degree on theses tax concessions.
You have to wonder to what real agenda these governments (now one from both sides of the sewerage farm) are
working...lots of lunches from truckies I guess!
The unfortunate truth of this country is that the Governments are short sighted idiots who have no appreciationof the
long term benefits to true transport infrastructure reform (i.e Rail, Rail Rail and probably more Rail) Some of these
lines will go where none exist today and maybe some are serious rebuildings of routes presently used.
This country's culture is car based..it needs leadership from the top to adress this and re-educate the public toits
benefits.
How canour governments do this whenthey dont understand or care for that line of thinking in the first place.
I have no faith ineither side of politics to deliver true rational reform, they are boys playing a mans game!!
Where are the visionaries of the past, those who actually cared about the country...not just their electorate.

There is all this money spent on Airports and roads, so we can perpetuate the sin. Bloody idiots. Planes dont stop along
the way...so they are a big help for regional Australia arent they!!
How much money is about to be spent on new terminal and airports??.
How much confidence should we have when the Canberra clowns cant even get their act together for a train to their own
town!!
Sometime ago in Vic they scrapped the elected idiots  to council and put professionals in to clean up and get things
going...good thought eh...sack the pollies and put in professionals..just dreaming!!

cheers >:~)) Richard