Re: Melb destination rolls

"Exnarc" <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
83dghs$4si$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:83dghs$4si$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
> <snip>
> The Swing Doors had Healesville and Healesville/Warburton on the blinds,
one
> Swing Door set used on the Sandy line had perminent (painted) headboards,
on
> the East End Motor it had "Brighton Beach" whilst the West End Motor had
> "Flinders Street", this set (if I remember right) only did one trip a day,
> running in to town in the morning being stabled in the Western Car Sidings
> ("A" Box) then returning to Brighton Beach that evening.
>
> Bob.
>
> Hi Bob
Do you remember that the local Brighton Beach gentry grew tired with there
"Own train", we want a new one, and told the Commissioners to get rid of
it,which they eventually agreed to. However the sting in the tail was that
come Monday morning that service and the return evening service had been
permanently cancelled and still no new trains on the line till just before
the election the state ALP came to power.
Graeme