Re: terrier locomotives

The Railway Rasputin. <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
3858E8B7.BD326094@fastlink.com.au">news:3858E8B7.BD326094@fastlink.com.au...

> > What about joining the RTM and offering your services as a volunteer to
help
> > restore your favourite locomotive, coach or wagon - bearing in mind
their
> > financial constraints as well.
> >
> > canetram59
>
> I am a mamber of the RTM.
> I have offered $3000.00 to restore 3 carriages.
> I have gathered a team to restore the above carriages.
> I can't get approval to START the restoration.
> I am a member of the RTM PERWAY gang.
> I am a guard on train services of the RTM.
> I help with training at the RTM.
> I have written manuals to assist above training.
> I work as a Station Master at the RTM.
> I have done a whole lot of other things at the RTM.
> I conduct tours at the RTM.
>
> Now the biggest thing is to get the word "YES" out of RTM.
> All the red tape they have, its unreal.
> For example we had to get a battery for the trikes 6 months later it
> might just turn up.
> With a set up like that, how do you get a grant??
>
> rgds

I take your point. You obviously seem to be making moves in the right
direction so I cannot answer your problem, it is up to the society
concerned. All society councils need to encourage and support their
membership and not lose sight of why their organisation was formed in the
first place.

canetram59