Re: Email to John Laws regarding comments this morning

Garry Hoddinett wrote in message <83agvh$2oen$1@otis.netspace.net.au>...

>I was on the 9:57 to Lithgow, the train was being progressively delayed as
>it traveled west but, as is rather typical, there was no apology or word of
>explanation why.  CityRail fails the  most basic customer service rule of
>keeping the customer informed when there is a problem.

Just on that, it is not always the case. I caught the 1437 train from
Newcastle this afternoon, and everything was going fine, until they put us
into the back platfrom at Wyong - I immediately thought something was up.

NP24 was in platform 2, and passengers were on the platform. My first
inclination was that NP24 had failed (most unusual for an Xplorer, I grant
you).

Then, after about 30 seconds, a PA announcement that there had been a
fatality about 300 metres south of Tuggerah, and the train would be delayed
whilst the police were in attendance.

We lost our path - they sent another train out of Gosford (an untimetabled
service too 0 I cannot find any reference to an Up departure from Gosford at
1605) that delayed us all the way to Hornsby. the guard announced that we
were delayed due to an all stations train in front of us.

Upon leaving Hornsby, around about Thornleigh, the guard announced again
that we were delayed due to an all stations train being in front of us, and
that this would continue until after Epping.

So full marks to this guard, who kept us informed.

Dave