Re: Email to John Laws regarding comments this morning

John MacCallum <johnmac@MYlisp.com.au> wrote in message
38581F23.4BD940D@MYlisp.com.au">news:38581F23.4BD940D@MYlisp.com.au...
> Someone always has to speculate that a driver or signal man did
> or didn't do something. There was no danger to the public or
> rail employees so I don't see what the problem is.

You are quite right , nobody was hurt or injured, only a hundred or so
passengers on the train, and perhaps a few hundred or more on some following
services were greatly inconvienced.  In my case my company paid out about
$20 -$25 extra in a taxi fare from Blacktown to Penrith to get to a meeting
on which I was originally depending on the train.  Despite this I have no
right to complain - I am sorry.

> This type of incident happens fairly regularly and
> and is usually the result of a misunderstanding.

This is really disturbing to read.  Is incompetance more wide spread in the
railways than the public is aware of?  CityRail / Rail Access are
responsibile for moving hundreds of thousands of people every day - miss
understandings should not be occurring - that is negligence.

But you are quite right - people have no right to complain or protest if
their lives are ONLY messed around by CityRail / Rail Access.  We should
only complain if we are killed by a simple every day misunderstanding.