Re: Email to John Laws regarding comments this morning

Garry Hoddinett <hoddos@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
yq%54.3563$Dh3.68440@ozemail.com.au">news:yq%54.3563$Dh3.68440@ozemail.com.au...
> You are quite right , nobody was hurt or injured, .............bbbbig
snip..................I have no
> right to complain - I am sorry.
BIGGER SNIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> But you are quite right - people have no
right to complain or protest if
> their lives are ONLY messed around by CityRail / Rail Access.  We should
> only complain if we are killed by a simple every day misunderstanding.
A  few weeks ago I had a very comfortable trip down to Melbourne on a train,
we arrived Spencer Street 10 mins late, but we did take over 13 mins to get
from South Ken to S.St, and I guess a broken down Spark had caused this
delay. A truck had jammed itself under a Railway Bridge and no trams were
running along Spencer Street and the traffic was just not moving. I finished
up walking  to do most of my messages. When I passed the scene of the
accident I noticed that there was plenty of room for traffic to move past
the truck, and in fact it was not badly damaged and did not look unsafe. And
yet the young cop on duty stopped everything from moving, and held no regard
for the convenience of the people, either waiting for a tram, or in their
cars. On the way back a heavy tow truck was working to release the truck,
and a more senior Policeman had the traffic almost back to normal....Guess
you would get a bit upset by that as well?? Or is it one thing for the road
and a different thing for rail??
Rail does a bloody good job doing what it does best!!......particularly when
you think that your local friendly Poli"s can find less than $200 million a
year to keep it going!