Re: Email to John Laws regarding comments this morning

John MacCallum <johnmac@MYlisp.com.au> wrote:

> Someone always has to speculate that a driver or signal man did
> or didn't do something. There was no danger to the public or
> rail employees so I don't see what the problem is.

I expect that the passengers who were very late arriving at their
intended destinations may see a grossly missed service level as
something of a problem!

> You blokes should engage your brain before you go off the handle at
> your keyboards.

Ditto.

> This type of incident happens fairly regularly and and is usually
> the result of a misunderstanding.

If indeed that is the case, there *is* something very wrong with the
rail system in Sydney.

The Telegraph today reported a down Shore service carrying passengers
was routed into the back road at Waverton.  That's a hard
"misunderstanding" to reconcile.

Cheers,

Bill