Re: [NSW] 3801 Black No More

John Dennis wrote:

> But I never saw T94 working the Koondrook Tramway either.
> Unfortunately, it is a problem of age.  Simply seeing a black 38
> doesn't count for much - you need to see it working a Flyer, or the
> SHE, then it counts...
>
> Sorry James, but no matter how young you are, you can't bring back the
> past.  (And, in my case, no matter how old I am, neither can I).
>
> Cheers from a nearly 50 years old JD

When the locomotive is operational why can't you bring back some of the past. I
agree you can't bring back all of the past, but you can bring back a fair bit of
it. Painting the locomotive black for a few years isn't really that hard to do.
Also most railfans and the public like the black livery, so it isn't exactly
unpopular. I don't want to offend you or anything but I have noticed that older
people tend to assume that they can't bring back the past so they don't even bother
trying. Its rather interesting that the age of volunteers at the CHTR seems to be
lower than some of the steam groups, yet the CHTR are the most heritage orientated
group in Victoria. Other groups tend to create their own little fantasies with
headboards, nameplates, british style colour schemes and other non authentic
additions, but the CHTR try to do things as accurately as possible. If you see
their railmotors then you'll know what I mean.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au