Re: re-opening of the Cowra-Blayney line tomorrow... as per STN 49/1999

In article <8398lj$8cg$1@lios.apana.org.au> craigd@lios.apana.org.au (C. Dewick) writes:
>From: craigd@lios.apana.org.au (C. Dewick)
>Subject: re-opening of the Cowra-Blayney line tomorrow... as per STN 49/1999
>Date: 16 Dec 1999 10:36:19 +1100

>Just thought a lot of you would want to know the details of this. The info
>is in weekly notice 49/1999 (current issue):

>Commencing 0800 on 17-Dec-1999 and continuing until 1400 on 17-Dec-1999 the
>line between Blayney and Cowra will be re-opened.

>There's going to be one ordinary train staff section (Blayney - Cowra) of
>75.195 km's, and the staff will have a triangular cutout and be coloured
>white (also fitted with a key to operate all the intermediate sidings, etc.
>at a later date).

>At Blayney, the locking of frames E and K will no longer be LVR's
>responsibility, and SL locks will replace the locks used by LVR at the
>moment.

>At Carcoar, Holmwood (what's happened with the bridge there?), Lyndhurst and
>Woodstock all turnouts on the main line will be spiked normal, clipped and
>XL locked, presumably to be renovated, removed, updated, or whatever the
>traffic levels require, at a later date.

>At Cowra the noticeboards advising about where LVR and SRA trains may go and
>when are being removed, with new noticeboards being erected on either side
>of Brougham Street doing effectively the same thing.

>So that's one cross-country line that is going to be open again. About time
>the heritage groups and other rail operators took advantage of it and made
>sure there's plenty of traffic (freight *and* maybe passenger) to warrant it
>remaining open in the future... 8-)

>Regards,

>Craig.
>--
>            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
> Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport
>   Professional Train Driver, Cityrail  |      and rail modelling web site:
>       and HO scale rail modeller       |   http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd

Anyone know what classes of locos are allowed over the line , (are NRs
allowed) and is the junction at Blayney manually operated or have the motor
points at the junction been recommisioned,(I beleive that Blayney was
originally remotely controlled from Orange.)
Hopefully also Demondrille Box will be re-opened on a full time basis.

MD