Re: More Sale - Hillside (via Stratford Vic.) stuff.

>Come on guys some of us live miles away!
>Where are the pictures? It is hard for me to believe that this truck thing
>actually works.

Okay, okay! We all live miles from somewhere. As for the photos, that's
easy, they are still in my camera. Sorry, but I haven't the facilities to
post them on the net  just now anyway. As has already been mentioned,
today's (yesterday's) Weekly Times has an excellent photo on the cover with
more inside. My own photos may appear in RNV or Newsrail, but obviously that
will be a while off yet.
As for whether this 'truck thing' actually works, well, it has been running
several trips each day, running at less than 50km/h (thus my comments on a
relaxing days train watching - no high speed driving needed to take the
photos) which is probably more to do with track condition than it's ability
to go a little faster. Yes, the road tyres do appear to be the sole transfer
of power to the rails. The acceleration I have witnessed suggests it is
quite efficent. Much more than if powered only by flanged wheels. It may not
look like a locomotive in the usual sense, but it seems to be doing its job
quite well from what I can see. Isn't that all that really matters?
2 x 'T' class locos left Sale at 17:30 today (yesterday now) Wed.15.12.99
with 19 wagon loads of logs. It's been a long time since trains of that
length left Sale. Does this 'truck thing' work? !9 wagon trains is proof
enough for me.

Darren Hodges