Re: Did the 9:57 reach Lithgow?

In article <y1y54.10$U4.1497@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>,
  "Eric Cartman" <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What Dave said leads nicely onto what I was thinking after reading the
> newspaper this morning - apprently the signaller is being counselled
etc.
> This leads me to 3 questions:
>
> 1) Seeing as though there are new routes/movements available plus new
> equipment, how much training did the signaller get (this question also
> applies to train crew)

Probably a week or two, but they will still be settling in for a while.
It is strange that this has happened, as the new signal box would be
route control, where the old one was rotary switches.  The signaller
must have been under the impression that this train was a Richmond
train.

> 2) Even though it is up to the signaller to set the right route, isn't
it up
> to the driver to query the route if he thinks it is wrong before he
> proceeds? I remember SL2 being wrongly diverted to the ESR several
years ago
> and can remember reading that the driver should check if he is "being
led up
> the garden path".

A number of people are saying that the driver did query the route, but
the signaller told him to keep coming.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.