Re: [Melb] New Hillside Timetable, interesting trains.

Chris Brownbill wrote:

> Eddie Oliver wrote:
> >

> > I would have hoped that Hillside, being hopefully a more
> > customer-focused organisation than the Met, would have avoided the
> > idiocy of empty car movements that could actually convey passengers.
> > Does this imply that Hillside took on ex-Met staff and hasn't yet
> > indoctrinated them with customer service and public relations
> > principles?
> >
> > Eddie Oliver
>
> Yes - this is illustrated by my experience on Friday evening when I went down to
> a 'premium' station to get a copy of the new timetable.  I was told "Sorry mate
> - I've got them here but I'm not allowed to sell them until Monday".
>
> He did give me a free copy of the old timetable though.

You must have gone to the "wrong" premium station, as we have been selling the new
booklet timetables and giving out free pocket-sized timetables since Thursday this
week.  As for this location, well it has "...ing" in first part and "w...d" in the
second part of this one-word name.  Of course, we have been telling customers that
the new timetable does not start until Monday, 13th December 1999.

Railvic