Re: Windsor Publications ?

Hi There,

> You would remember???

Problem is that I really don't remember. Unfortunately the
loud man concerned didn't really believe me and got quite
obnoxious about it. He told me that I must have been "under
a rock". I kept my cool. I was having a pleasant Saturday
morning hanging out at Dynon with my photter friends until
this arsehole turned up.

> It was a publishing company started by Rod Hudson, he later opened a small
> shop near Windsor Station, he later moved it to The Southern Cross Hotel
> complexe in the city, from there it moved to King Street, then Bourke
> Street, where the ARE bought the business and renamed it the Railfan Shop,
> they went into partnership with the PTC at Transport House, and as they say
> on that pay TV station, "The rest is History"

I spent a lot of time travelling overseas from 1970 through
to 1973. During this time I didn't take much interest in the
local Aussie scene. From 1973 to 1984 I lived overseas and
interstate and didn't follow Victoria very much at all. I
suspect that these events might have taken place during this
time. My first knowledge of any of the above was visiting
the Railfan Shop in Bourke Street by taxi on my way to the
airport on a 1 day visit to Melbourne about 1981 or 82. The
manager of the shop then was Geoff Dean whom I had known for
many years. Haven't seen him now for many years.

Thanks for the info & regards

Greg Triplett