Re: Windsor Publications ?

Greg Triplett wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> > You would remember???
>
> Problem is that I really don't remember. Unfortunately the
> loud man concerned didn't really believe me and got quite
> obnoxious about it. He told me that I must have been "under
> a rock". I kept my cool. I was having a pleasant Saturday
> morning hanging out at Dynon with my photter friends until
> this arsehole turned up.
>
> > It was a publishing company started by Rod Hudson, he later opened a small
> > shop near Windsor Station, he later moved it to The Southern Cross Hotel
> > complexe in the city, from there it moved to King Street, then Bourke
> > Street, where the ARE bought the business and renamed it the Railfan Shop,
> > they went into partnership with the PTC at Transport House, and as they say
> > on that pay TV station, "The rest is History"
>
> I spent a lot of time travelling overseas from 1970 through
> to 1973. During this time I didn't take much interest in the
> local Aussie scene. From 1973 to 1984 I lived overseas and
> interstate and didn't follow Victoria very much at all. I
> suspect that these events might have taken place during this
> time. My first knowledge of any of the above was visiting
> the Railfan Shop in Bourke Street by taxi on my way to the
> airport on a 1 day visit to Melbourne about 1981 or 82. The
> manager of the shop then was Geoff Dean whom I had known for
> many years. Haven't seen him now for many years.
>
> Thanks for the info & regards
>
> Greg Triplett

Greg,

Yes I've had similar altercations with the same Rod Hudson who is
certainly rude and obnoxious. He tried to tell Steve Munro and I that we
were doing our flash technique all wrong. What's worse this was done in
public and was totally unprovoked. Steve was absolutely flummoxed by the
behavior. A typical boorish and boring railfan who is the very reason
why I attempt to avoid locations/events etc that attract such moronic
gunzels.

Cheers

Stuart