Re: conditions as train operators

In article <82n035$1nb$1@news1.mpx.com.au>,
Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote:

>Some of us are taxpayers, and award conditions are in the public domain.
>They are freely available from the relevant industrial bodies. Nothing
>confidential was revealed.

 My award conditions and pay scales are on the WWW.
http://www.usyd.edu.au/su/personnel/ir/Welcome.html

(Note I dont know if this is accessable outside the University, but any one could
walk into any of the Uni branch librarys and use a web terminal....)

 Its left as an exercise for the reader to work out what grade I am!. My collegues
all know anyway, even though it is supposed to be confidential, as they all read
the advertisment for the position that says the grade they are employing at.

 I know however some people are very very protective of their employment conditions/
pay rates. The 'public' info on University pay rates stops before it gets near the
upper management, they hide their own pay and conditions.

 At any rate, train drivers rates are still collectively barganed by the Union, (as
were mine) so it isnt exactly a big secret. We all had to vote on the EA.