Re: conditions as train operators

"John Kerley" <deaftech@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
h4k34.145$_H3.639@ozemail.com.au">news:h4k34.145$_H3.639@ozemail.com.au...

> C. Dewick <craigd@lios.apana.org.au> wrote in message
> 82jt85$179$1@lios.apana.org.au">news:82jt85$179$1@lios.apana.org.au...
> >
> > Ooooo - legal action.. I'm so scared... I'm going to be locked in prison
> > because I'm telling everyone who reads this newsgroup right now that the
> > standard rate of pay for a driver thereafter grade with CityRail is
> $19.4131
> > per hour without overtime or shift penalties added in...
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Craig.
> > --
> >             Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws
closing
> >  Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail
> transport
> >    Professional Train Driver, Cityrail  |      and rail modelling web
> site:
> >        and HO scale rail modeller       |
> http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd
>
> $19.4131 per hour is equivalent to $679.46 for a 35 hour week.
> London Underground drivers receive GBP26,000 pa which at current exchange
> rates is actually more than A$65,000 i.e $1250 for a 35 hour week, plus
two
> weeks extra holiday a year!
>
> This really does show how badly paid Australian drivers (operators!) are.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John Kerley
>
> Yes so what. In the U.K.
How much does a rump steak and chips cost,
How much does a can of beer cost,
How much does a litre of petrol cost,
What is the price of a 3 bedroom house with in 40 Sqn kilometres of London
How enjoyable is it to be stuck underground in tunnels for 35 hours a week,
I think I would want 7 weeks leave too
What is the tax rate for GBP26,000 ?
Apart from driving trains I should think there would be a few local
conditions which would make the job descriptions a bit different.
Cheers
Graeme