Re: conditions as train operators

In <82iqvj$6sh$1@news1.mpx.com.au> "Rod" <comtrain@mpx.com.au> writes:

>fortunately for others in Australia New South conditions are so lousy now,
>that you have only indicated one small part of the whole equation. I sort of
>hope one of your co-drivers hears about your stupidity and punches a bit of
>sense into you!

Well if you think I haven't given the 'whole picture', then feel free to
make a positive contribution instead of coming out with all this garbage
about how you think I'm so out of line by being enthusiastic about my job
and freely supplying fundamental information which can be extremely useful
to other people who might be considering a career as a train driver with
CityRail at some stage in the future...

Not to mention how it can be helpful to people with no other knowledge of
the operational side of our rail system (such as Terry - the person who
started this thread) when they want to compare the wage rates and working
conditions of staff between various rail systems.

If you claim to know so much, then why are you bagging me out when all I've
done is provide accurate, concise, complete information to the best of my
knowledge? hmmm? What do you have to hide which is so embarassing to you?
There appears to be something...

>You have no right to broadcast wage rates to all and sundry, in fact I hear
>that legal action can be taken in your state!

Now this is the biggest load of BS I have ever heard out of the mouth of a
supposedly well-informed person. There is nothing anyone can do to stop me
telling whoever I like about my income and working conditions, and as myself
and many others have already pointed out it's all *public* information
anyway, so why are you so scared about me telling other people what we get
paid, how we get paid, etc. etc.?

Do you perhaps have a vested interest in some of the attempts by CityRail
management to reduce our working conditions, etc.??? The more you spin the
BS angle on this issue, the more it's starting to look like you seem to
support the way our pay and working conditions are being eroded, which is a
strange approach to take for someone who claims to be so interested in
railways.

Ooooo - legal action.. I'm so scared... I'm going to be locked in prison
because I'm telling everyone who reads this newsgroup right now that the
standard rate of pay for a driver thereafter grade with CityRail is $19.4131
per hour without overtime or shift penalties added in...

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport