Re: Glenbrook accident [NSW]

David Johnson wrote:

> In the case of Glenbrook, I don't think it is necessary to ring the signaller.  After waiting one
> minute, you may pass the signal at extreme caution, prepared to stop short of any obstruction.

IF the Signal is fitted with a phone then you are required to use
it. If the phone doesn't work or one isn't fitted then unless
there is a plate fitted to the Signal saying that it can not be
passed at stop without the authority of the signaller then you only
need to wait one minute.

Bear in mind that In Track Circuited Areas Specified Trains which
are Passenger Trains or Freight Trains less than 15 Vehicles in Length
are required to be Protected in the Rear if they are delayed
more than 5 Mins and the Driver can not contact a Signaller to
obtain assurance that no train is following.

Pope

Alias	John MacCallum

remove MY from MYlisp to get the real email address.