Re: conditions as train operators

In <82ga41$c1d$1@news1.mpx.com.au> "Rod" <comtrain@mpx.com.au> writes:

>> G'day Terry from a train driver in Sydney...
>>
>SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>
>run over 209 km's, normally no more than 215. I don't
>> know if the intercity (electric intercity commuter and diesel railcar
>train)
>> drivers have a mileage limit or not...
>>
>> I hope this answers your questions.

>Strewth Craig, ...Sometimes you are a bit of a Turkey,
>Rod

Why? Terry asked sensible questions, and I gave him sensible, truthful
answers. There is no private or secret information in my posting (which is
what you alluded to in an email message you sent me about this issue), and I
have no problems laying out the facts about out pay, working conditions,
etc. for anyone who cares to ask with a genuine interest.

We already have the problem of the Lewis Cadman employment consultancy
allegedly not telling prospective new recruits the full story about
shiftwork and overtime requirements, and what the pay scales, etc. are. This
has caused numerous problems with new staff who are unsure how and when they
can and can't be asked to work, and what their pay entitlements are.

There is no reason to conceal our working conditions as anyone who wants to
do research can find all the documents such as Enterprise Bargaining
Agreements, etc. in public libraries, or via the archives, or, if need be,
via the FOI Act.

There are a lot of people who post silly and stupid responses, like the
handful of other respondents to Terry's posting who have said unkind things
simply because he's in the UK, and because he happened to use upper case
text.

I would not be surprised if the majority of readers of aus.rail and
misc.transport.rail.australia-nz have no idea at all what our payment and
working conditions are, and they'll probably be very happy to learn more
about our rail system from a perspective that they normally wouldn't get the
chance to experience.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport