Re: I think I have met Reggie !

david wrote:

> To those ARE members who came and enjoyed themselves at  DVR I hope you
> all
> had a railway filled evening. And There was one character doing sound
> recording with a huge bit of foam on the device. I asked as someone said
> that was reginold something. He  was firmly setup  behind our new loco
> 8172 for about 40min recording the diesal.
> From the signalbox it was a good evening. I hope our visitors enjoyed
> themselves.

It was a terrific evening David, especially the operation during
darkness.  With the extensive colour light signalling, the night runs
were quite a new and rewarding experience.  I think the box must have
forgotten us at one stage, because we went around the circuit at least 4
times (crossing the new trestle) and the run went on for 20-30 minutes
until the signalman came running across to the station entrance to
unlock a set of points and give us access to the main platform.  The
kids loved it!  Let's hope we can do it again in a couple of years time.

Oh, and yes, that was Reggie doing what he is famous for, sitting right
behind the loco with mic in hand.

Mark Cauchi