Re: I think I have met Reggie !

Mark Cauchi wrote:

> It was a terrific evening David, especially the operation during
> darkness.  With the extensive colour light signalling, the night runs
> were quite a new and rewarding experience.  I think the box must have
> forgotten us at one stage, because we went around the circuit at least 4
> times (crossing the new trestle) and the run went on for 20-30 minutes
> until the signalman came running across to the station entrance to
> unlock a set of points and give us access to the main platform.  The
> kids loved it!  Let's hope we can do it again in a couple of years time.

Good to hear. Since we were not truly working to our normal operating routine,
trains went everywhere, and as you found out , some trips may have longer
duratipons than normal.

> Oh, and yes, that was Reggie doing what he is famous for, sitting right
> behind the loco with mic in hand.

Didn't  complain when we had an unexpected stop :)  - from my point he was
another happy visitor. It is so different running train for the public, and
running trains for a similar minded organisation !

Regards,
David Head