Re: Sydney Airport Rail Service

David Bromage wrote:

> I'm going to try to work out possible running times for airport express
> trains if a second airport was built at either Badgerey's Creek or Wilton.
> I'd be garteful if somebody could add the following distances to the lost:
>
> Wolli Creek Junction (via NSR and Sydenham)

via Sydenham: 7.279 km

> Turella (via Sydenham)

8.633 km

> East Hills

24.028 km

> Glenfield (via East Hills and Granville)

33.035 km (EH), 41.925 km (Gr)

> Campbelltown

45.824 km (EH), 54.714 km (Gr)

> Glenlee Junction

51.179 km (EH), 60.069 km (Gr)

> Projected speed limits on the NSR

Possibly 80 km/h... Not certain.

> Line speeds Wolli Creek Junction to Glenlee Junction

Down Line (KMs not adjusted after Glenfield)...7.460 - 50
8.000 - 80
8.420 - X70 (Turella Jctn)
14.400 - 115
15.850 - 85
16.160 - 95
18.130 - 100
20.350 - 115
20.800 - 70
21.270 - 115
31.870 - 105
32.380 - X80 (Glenfield Jctn)
After Junction, speed is 115.
52.300 - 105
57.500 - 115
58.000 - 100
59.800 - 115

> Straight/diverge speeds at Wolli Creek Junction (when complete)

Probably 80 km/h straight, 70 km/h turnout.

> and Glenfield

80 km/h turnout.

> Crossover/turnout speeds at Glenfield, Ingleburn

The relief line is not wired...  Turnout speeds all 80 km/h.

> and Campbelltown

Which one?

--
David Johnson