Re: Sydney Airport Rail Service

Chris Downs wrote:

> The station distances from Central per the NSR EIS (take these with a grain
> of salt) are:
>
> Green Square        just over 2.8km
> Mascot                   5.15km
> KSA Dom              6.5km (probably more like 6.7km as the EIS shows a
> different
>                                             station position to the one
> constructed)
> KSA Inter               a little under 8.2km
> Wolli Ck IC             just over 9.5km
>
> It doesn't tie in distances at Turrella.

I'm going to try to work out possible running times for airport express
trains if a second airport was built at either Badgerey's Creek or Wilton.
I'd be garteful if somebody could add the following distances to the lost:

Wolli Creek Junction (via NSR and Sydenham)
Turella (via Sydenham)
East Hills
Glenfield (via East Hills and Granville)
Campbelltown
Glenlee Junction

Projected speed limits on the NSR
Line speeds Wolli Creek Junction to Glenlee Junction
Straight/diverge speeds at Wolli Creek Junction (when complete) and Glenfield
Crossover/turnout speeds at Glenfield, Ingleburn and Campbelltown

I want to work what might be possible with the current lines, and with 4 tracks
Turella to Glenfield and 3 tracks Glenfield to Glenlee Junction.

Cheers
David