Re: Sydney O Class at OERHS

Hello, Bill,

Yes, it does look reasonable now.  It was being repainted by a woman member
of the OERHS at Glenwood a couple of years ago when Howard Clark (I think it
was) called in for a visit.  He was asked what he thought of the colour and
the woman was delighted when he told her it was quite close to the original
Sydney green and cream.  Apparently she had been receiving a lot of flack
from fellow members who thought she was painting it in faded colours.  When
the car was originally repainted many years ago, the car was *brightened up*
as the original paint was thought to have faded badly.  Thus cream became
yellow, the black became red, etc.

I'm a little surprised they did not paint it blue instead of green, as the
Sydney green prior to the late 1950s did weather off to a distinctly blue
shade.  Eventually, Dulux developed a non-fading green.

Regards,
Bob Merchant
jITPN3bUMONoJTmRm0SoKEED9+EG@4ax.com">news:jITPN3bUMONoJTmRm0SoKEED9+EG@4ax.com...