Re: 422s - Have they been Sold?

Is Singapore that major a market to Australia?

Anyway Perth is a much cheaper option, the railway already exists, the port
exists, the traffic has to be landed somewhere in Australia!!

Why put the national economy deeper in the red to build a railway that will
never pay for itself, god knows! the current operators on the Melbourne -
Perth route are price cutting trying to pinch the small amount of bussiness
from each other.

If we weren't talking about a railway here, (because we are obviously
railfans) we wouldn't countinence this proposal, lets get real. The Alice
Darwin Railway will never (I know one should never use never) be built. Its
something the Libs bring up every other Federal Election (and N.T and Sth
Aussie state election) to shore up their vote. Remember, it was Malcolm who
closed the NAR, (not all that surprisingly), with a promise to build an
Alice to Darwin Railway, (I still have the video that the ABC produced on
This Day To Night), the same old furthies are being bounced around for
another generation of voters in the N.T & S.A.

Bob.

7qkhgo$7875i$1@titan.xtra.co.nz">news:7qkhgo$7875i$1@titan.xtra.co.nz...