Re: 422s - Have they been Sold?

I was told once ( I should check it out properly) that it is not the
steaming time of shipping that's the problem (it is only a day's extra
steaming time from Darwin to Sydney) but the real cost is in demurrage and
port handling times at Sydney and Melbourne.

I would think that  if the shipping companies can get the logistics right
for container movement between Singapore and Darwin that this would be huge
savings overall. If these containers could then be delivered to distribution
centers in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide by rail, then this would be very
efficient.

Regards
Andrew Honan
7qkhgo$7875i$1@titan.xtra.co.nz">news:7qkhgo$7875i$1@titan.xtra.co.nz...