Re: Old Millewa South Loco

I can't quote references off the top of my head.
The loco *was* built on the underframe of an 0-6-0 Y-class steam loco.
The underframe got recycled into the restoration of a Y at Ballarat.
The body was dumped at the former SEC depot in Ballarat north.
This was not the original loco for the line: there were two cruder
conversions before it, based on wagon underframes.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Gavin Potter <gavpot@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article