Old Millewa South Loco

A question.
I have a picture of the original loco used by the Brunswick Gypsum mining
mob that operated on the line from Nowingi to the mine (it's currently on my
web page). I remember reading somewhere that it was built of the frame of a
Y class steam loco. It has been pointed out to me that this is probably not
right. Could it have been built on the frame of a Y class tender. There were
a couple of articles in News Rail many years back about this loco, and I am
hoping that someone has the correct information so as I don't have to go
looking through my old stores of News Rail. Actually if anybody has the
history of this beast I would be most appreciative if they could pass a
little bit of its history onto me. We don't get Victorian Magazines this far
north in NSW. For that matter, we only get about 20 copies of Railway Digest
in a town with a population of 35,000 and if you aren't in the newsagent
when they unwrap them, then you miss out. Maybe its time to subscribe.

Thanks.
Gavin.

Gavin Potter.
e-mail:
(home)  gavpot@ozemail.com.au
(work)   gavin.potter@agric.nsw.gov.au
or check out:
 http://www.ozemail.com.au/~gavpot
"Planning without action is futile. Action without planning
is fatal."  -Alan Speigel.