Re: Austrac derailment near Dombarton

Chris Stratton wrote:

> The news on Wave FM in Wollongong has reported a train carrying pine logs to
> Port Kembla has derailed near Dombarton this morning. The report stated that
> the cause was thought to be track failure as the train was travelling within
> it's speed limits. The line is not expected to be re-opened until 2pm
> tomorrow.
> I heard from another source that the derailment happened between the Avon
> tunnel portal and the snow sheds. I just went for a drive out to West Dapto
> as far as I could go without going to Dombarton and I could hear a loco
> somewhere but the trees are too thick and you can't see anything.
> --
> Regards,
> Chris Stratton
> Wollongong, NSW, Australia
> Remove NOSPAM if replying.

There are 5 wagons off, in a very difficult place to re-rail them. It is too
dangerous to work at the site in the dark. Last estimate to open was 1800 Wed.
You are correct about the location.

When I left the site today (about 1230) the first wagon was still to be rerailed

"Cause is still being investigated."

--
Bruce L. Greening
bgreeni@ibm.net