Re: C508 - PHOTOS OF NEW NATIONAL RAIL LIVERY

In article <37c7a2f7.953882@news.bigpond.com> gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com writes:
>From: gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com
>Subject: Re: C508 -  PHOTOS OF NEW NATIONAL RAIL LIVERY
>Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 08:54:38 GMT

>>>Do i get the $64.00 Craig ???
>>>In answer to your question YES it can lead in non ASW territory
>>>IE it can lead to Sydney but not to adelaide.
>>>Please send a private email to me for the address to send the $64.00
>>>8-))
>>>regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)
>>
>>It will only lead in NSW  on a long haul train if it is a single unit, or if
>>any other units it is coupled to have inferior cabs. i.e. it couldn't lead
>>an NR, unless a gunzel driver didn't care about breaking the conditions of
>>his relief crews (which has happened in the past).
>>
>>There is a long standing policy of the NSW branch of the RTBU (formally the
>>PTU, formally formally the AFULE), that the superior cab must lead on all
>>multiple consists.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Russ...
>OK Russell how can you say it is an inferior cab have you seen it
>since it was rebuilt????
>I have and you would be hard pressed to call it inferior than a NR
>class.
>How do i know you ask??
>i drive NR's nearly every day.
>regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)

Can we have a list of NSW cabs in order of superiority , ie does an 82 win
over an 81 etc?

Also on another interesting but idiotic point , does anyone have any real
loads for Cs in NSW, not the crap ones printed in the Southern Instruction
Pages.
As an example.

Full sectional load for Cs in Vic between Melb & Albury on the down
1650 tonnes (max ruling grade 1:50). Northern Vline  WTT.

After we cross the border and gravity increases,but only on Victorian engines
we get
C class Albury to Wagga 1200 tonnes (max ruling grade 1:66)
C Class Wagga to Junne 1000 tonnes (max ruling grade 1:40, I just might
beleive this)
But here is the best
Junee - Sydney C class 1200 tonnes (max ruling grade 1:66)
Would you also beleive that the max load for an 80 class from Junee to
Sydney is also 1200 tonnes.
Hmmm.

There is also a so called loco superiority list in NSW and it goes like this.
81/82/G top
80 Next
422 Next
C next