Re: C508 - PHOTOS OF NEW NATIONAL RAIL LIVERY

>>And so the $64 question - can it run as lead unit?
>>
>>Regards,
>>CH.
>Do i get the $64.00 Craig ???
>In answer to your question YES it can lead in non ASW territory
>IE it can lead to Sydney but not to adelaide.
>Please send a private email to me for the address to send the $64.00
>8-))
>regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)

It will only lead in NSW  on a long haul train if it is a single unit, or if
any other units it is coupled to have inferior cabs. i.e. it couldn't lead
an NR, unless a gunzel driver didn't care about breaking the conditions of
his relief crews (which has happened in the past).

There is a long standing policy of the NSW branch of the RTBU (formally the
PTU, formally formally the AFULE), that the superior cab must lead on all
multiple consists.

Regards,
Russ...