Re: C508 - PHOTOS OF NEW NATIONAL RAIL LIVERY

On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 14:45:13 +1000, "Russell Norton"
<russelln@primus.com.au> wrote:

>>>And so the $64 question - can it run as lead unit?
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>CH.
>>Do i get the $64.00 Craig ???
>>In answer to your question YES it can lead in non ASW territory
>>IE it can lead to Sydney but not to adelaide.
>>Please send a private email to me for the address to send the $64.00
>>8-))
>>regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)
>
>It will only lead in NSW  on a long haul train if it is a single unit, or if
>any other units it is coupled to have inferior cabs. i.e. it couldn't lead
>an NR, unless a gunzel driver didn't care about breaking the conditions of
>his relief crews (which has happened in the past).
>
>There is a long standing policy of the NSW branch of the RTBU (formally the
>PTU, formally formally the AFULE), that the superior cab must lead on all
>multiple consists.
>
>Regards,
>Russ...
OK Russell how can you say it is an inferior cab have you seen it
since it was rebuilt????
I have and you would be hard pressed to call it inferior than a NR
class.
How do i know you ask??
i drive NR's nearly every day.
regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)