Re: Traveling on the XPT

Bob Merchant wrote in message ...
>Yes, first class.  The pensioners in first are quieter and a lot less of a
>problem <grin> than the feral kids allowed to run riot in economy.
>Generally, night travel on an XPT is not a pleasant experience.
>
>Regards,
>Bob

I agree - If you must travel on an XPT, first class is the way to go,
preferably car A, although it is expensive.

As a driver, we occasionally travel pass on XPT's - i.e. the company pays
for the fare, and we get PAID to travel 1st class on these services, and yet
most drivers' hate these shifts. Doesn't say much for Countrylink's finest.

Unless you qualify for a subsidised fare (which seems to apply to most first
class travellers anyway!), full fare 1st class is outrageously expensive. As
an example, you can fly from Wagga Wagga to Sydney in one hour, on a
discounted ticket with Hazleton, for around the same price as a first class
XPT fare, which takes 6 or so hours for the same journey.

Regards,
Russ..