Re: Murwillumbah.

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999 18:59:25 +1000, David Bromage
<dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote:

>PETer and susAN wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rod,
>>
>>  Why Tweed Heads?  The Palm Beach stop is still shown in David Bromage's Railway Timetables at
>> http://www.countrylink.nsw.gov.au/timetable/
>
>The Countrylink site is not maintained by me. If you have any complaints
>about the service, send them directly to Countrylink.
>
>Cheers
>David

Hi David B

Who is complaining about your link to Countrylink???  I suggest you
read it again.

I was pointing out that the Palm Beach stop is still shown in what I
described as your timetable link as I went through one of your links
to get it. Perhaps Rod, the person who booked the ticket to Tweed
Heads, was not aware that Palm Beach was an option.

The other choice I had was instead of quoting the Countrylink
timetable page, I could have said that I frequently see the XPT
Sunstate bus pass through Palm Beach on the Gold Coast. You see, we
live close to Palm Beach....

The bus confusion probably is not helped by the fact that not all the
Sunstate buses from the XPT travel the same road.

The bus with Brisbane bound passengers off the XPT follows the Pacific
Highway and turns inland to bypass the Gold Coast at Tugan, just north
of Coolangatta airport. The Pacific highway goes through the back of
Robina, Mudgeeraba, Nerang and Helensvale.

The XPT bus with the passengers for the Gold Coast itself, travels via
the Pacific Hwy until Tugan where it than follows the Gold Coast
Highway through the coastal areas such as Palm Beach, Burleigh Heads,
Surfers Paradise, Southport to rejoin the Pacific Highway at
Helensvale.

Usually 4 or 5 Sunstate buses meet the XPT at Murwillumbah.

Cheers
Peter Cokley
http://homepages.msn.com:4890/PicnicPl/petan-oz