Re: Indian Pacific hits freight train - Who's the Responsible Investigating body?

Dave Malcolm <keithm@happy.dca.gov.au> wrote in message
keithm.309.37BF81A4@happy.dca.gov.au">news:keithm.309.37BF81A4@happy.dca.gov.au...
> In article <37c16d22.14998368@news.ozemail.com.au> pbeam@lisp.com.au
(Peter) writes:
> >From: pbeam@lisp.com.au (Peter)
> >Subject: Re: Indian Pacific hits freight train - Who's the Responsible
> >Investigating body?
> >Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:33:28 GMT
>
> >On Sat, 21 Aug 1999 00:15:38 +1000, "Exnarc" <gwrly@netspace.net.au>
> >wrote:
>
> >Here in NSW in the area that I'm in we have had two cases where NRC
> >crews haven't followed the safeworking. NRC crews run long distance
> >and long hours that go with the long distance, with little or no
> >chance for relief, so they appear not to be to concerned with doing
> >the right thing, just getting to their destination. Of course no NRC
> >employee would criticize NRC, because if they di they would be
> >ostracized by his so called work mates.
>
> I wouldn't pick on NRC crews for not following safeworking rules. I have
seen
> SRA crews do the same thing.
>

> Dave Malcolm

HEAR HEAR Dave!!!!!!

Its very easy to make broad statements.

Some people who for whatever reason seem to have a chip on their shoulder
about NRC.

Maybe they missed out on job sellection? Many did!!!

Maybe they lost their jobs due to NRC taking over their work in 1993-4?

Or maybe its just sour grapes???

But NRC sure has it detracters,  I personally have no time for NRC
management, I think they lack moral integrity, they were and still are loose
with the truth when it come to their employees, most of all I think they are
incompetent, they have no idea where they want the company to go, changing
direction almost weekly, closing depots only to reopen them (Brokenhill),
making 50+ drivers redundant, only to start recruiting within 5 months,
senior management expects infact have got blood out of a stone at the
expence of their employees.

Having said all this, I will not stand by and see the professional Enginemen
employeed by NRC attacked by people who for their own reasons have an axe to
grind with NRC.

These guys in NRC are the same blokes who 4 and 5 years ago worked along
side many of the people who are attacking them now, they haven't changed,
they still eat, sleep and breath the same air, they have just changed the
colour of their uniform and their employer.

No matter what the group of workers, there will always be the ones who break
the rules, take short cuts, just get off NRC's back and grow up.

Bob.