Re: Badgerys creek rumblings.

Bob wrote:

> I have forgotten to mention that in recent weeks the Abi Group have been promoting
> their idea of an international airport at Kooragang Island , Newcastle

It's not going to happen. Building even a small airfield at Kooragang
would affect operations at Williamtown. A larger airport would also
affect Belmont. Even if RPT operators agreed, the Department of Defence
would never allow it. Williamtown is going to be more important to the
RAAF when Richmond and Fairbairn close.

? All their
> press releases justify the Newcastle location with the use of the Maglev high
> speed train. Claims of speed of up to 500kph between Newcastle and Sydney are
> being made and 22 minute services to Sydney are being talked about. They even go
> as far as to suggest "local" services stopping at Gosford, Hornsby and Chatswood!
> Is this another pie in the sky idea?

Definately. Chatswood would be the Sydney terminal for the line. How
useful is that???

Cheers
David