Re: Badgerys creek rumblings.

I have forgotten to mention that in recent weeks the Abi Group have been promoting
their idea of an international airport at Kooragang Island , Newcastle. All their
press releases justify the Newcastle location with the use of the Maglev high
speed train. Claims of speed of up to 500kph between Newcastle and Sydney are
being made and 22 minute services to Sydney are being talked about. They even go
as far as to suggest "local" services stopping at Gosford, Hornsby and Chatswood!
Is this another pie in the sky idea? I think so. The location at Kooragang is on
an environmentally sensitive wetland area alongside a 3km coal stack. Just the
sort of thing our visiting tourists would love to see as they arrive in Australia.

Cheers
Bob