Re: Badgerys creek rumblings.

David Bennetts wrote:

> Always thought that Badgery's Creek was a rather daft choice of location for
> a second airport, I've always favoured Wilton as a site which wouldn't
> affect so many people for airport noise

And the people of Wilton (and Picton) actually want an airport there!

> It's only about 15 minutes down the
> freeway from Campbelltown, and it would be an easy job to put in a rail
> connection from the main south.

I think that's why CityRail proposed quadruple track on the East Hills
line. It would allow a fast link between KSA and the second airport,
whether it was at Badgerey's Creek or Wilton. A limited express should
be able to link the two airports in just over 30 minutes.

Cheers
David