Gold Coast line breakdown 2110h tonight

I've just returned from Nerang to Roma St ... our train (IMU set 101 - the
original new interurban)
and just as we pulled into Coomera the train went dead. No backup lights, no
a/c, nothing ! We coasted in
just enough for the first door of car A to reach the platform. The reason
for our breakdown was that we hit
a wallaby and that it broke the air line. But how does that explain the
total loss of power ? Don't they have a set
of batteries to power the backup lights (eg when you change lines) ? Not to
keep the train moving of course, but for
lighting .....

Anyone got any thoughts on it ? There were 5 QR staff on the train and they
stuck to their wallaby story ...

John Boxall - box@ozemail.com.au
Phone +61 (0416) 29boxy
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~box