Re: Sydney Central to Broadmeadows

Donald R Smith wrote:

> Can someone please tell me just how far by rail it is between these two
> places.

Sydney - Broadmeadows = 935.919 kmSydney - Broadmeadow = 162.935 km

> I travelled by XPT from Sydney Central on a Sunday morning and would like to
> know just how long it took.

Sunday Morning departure to Broadmeadows 08:10, passing Broadmeadows at about
18:06.  Total time 9'54".  Average speed 94.537 km/h

Sunday Morning depatures to Broadmeadow 07:05 and 11:35, arriving Broadmeadow at
09:16 and 13:43.  Total time 2'11" and 2'08".  Average speeds 74.627 km/h and
76.376 km/h.

> I believe that it was at Broadmeadows that another driver boarded but I
> don't think he was actually taking over- more like hitching a ride until he
> on due on.

The train doesn't stop at Broadmeadows, but it does stop at Broadmeadow.  He was
quite likely a freight driver going passenger to Taree.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au