Re: Westlander to Charleville

John Boxall wrote:

> Has anyone travelled on the QR Westlander lately ? I'd like to go out there,
> have a drink in Charleville, take some photos, then return on the same
> train. (I know I have too much spare time, please don't flame me). A few
> questions ...

Well worth the trip, just be careful taking photos at Roma St prior to
departure!

> Is a 1st class sleeper worth the extra ?

Yes (For me).  I don't know how much it would cost you, as I was on a 1st class
interstate pass, so I only paid the sleeper surcharge.  The 1st class sleepers
have all linen provided, whereas economy only has a towel.  Not sure about the
pillow.

> Would economy sleeper be ok if you
> didn't have to share ?

It would be OK, but take a sleeping bag.

> What's the food like in the "food bar car" ?

Excellent.  It does depend a lot on the staff, as they cook all meals to order.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au