Re: Cityrail fare rises suck

In aus.transport on Sat, 7 Aug 1999 15:00:39 +0200
David & Sharon <d.ready@chello.nl> wrote:
>Yeah but if you already have the car and are paying costs for it then only
>the cost of the petrol and pro-rata wear & tear comes into the equation. Car
>travel is also much safer, and faster, and more convenient than public
>transport. I know for sure that my wife and kids would be much safer in

Hmm..

NUmber of people injured per 100,000 users in cars?  Compared to
trains and buses?

I suspect you are a victim of hysteria here....  I've travelled on
trains at all hours of the night and days of the week and seen no
problem.  NOw they have guards on 'em all I'd think there'd be even
less.

I think private transport can be more convenient, cheaper, more
comfortable, but I dunno safety is up there..

Zebee