Re: Orange/yellow paint

All suburban power cars now have a destination indicator installed...C3027
used to be one of the older CityDecker cars, now the front got scrubbed of
its blue & yellow stripes and replaced with the "coporate scheme" of orangey
paint and a destination indicator. Same applies for C3009 (Goninan S/R  set
with Tangara seating), except C3009 got scrubbed completely whilst C3027
only got its front scrubbed.

Hubert
9:51pm

Railway Rasputin <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
37AAC762.9C0DDA63@fastlink.com.au">news:37AAC762.9C0DDA63@fastlink.com.au...

Hubert Lam wrote:
Hmm..what about the destination indicators? was every leading car supposed
to get one? seems like many V set leading cars missed out on them.
I've seen some Tangaras have the destination indicators turned on, but were
they supposed to have the indicators installed? the earlier ones were orange
lights and it usually said "Via Wynyard" at the second line. D6144 had an
indicator displaying green text.

Ok this is what I know to be the truth but it is subject to correction.
They started to install "destos" in the V set but they relised that they
could save a lot of money by not putting them in. (and besides they make
them look even uglier than the new paint scheme by itself..) They worked on
the theory that Central and Strathfield are alway manned and have correct
indicators. After that they branch off and everyone is happy, unlike the
suburban services that have heaps more destinations and services. Apparantly
people that catch V sets are more smarter than surburban train catrchers and
have or know their timetables.
All suburban power cars were supposed to get "destos" but some have slipped
through with out one. Some have the "destos" up front but no key pad to
operate them. Whilst some don't work at all. Apparantly there is some ban on
the use of them, I havn't actually seen any paper work it. Anyone know for
sure?
Tangaras: The earlier ones did have them but from what I can see they wern't
actually lights. They were orrange balls that were uncovered to form the
letter / number. ( I climbed up into the roof to test this one out.)
The latter ones (including G's) did not have any fitted. However a number of
cars, of which 6144 was one, had different ones on trial. Does anyone know
the outcome of the trial?
Hope this helps.
rgds