Re: Orange/yellow paint

Hmm..what about the destination indicators? was every leading car supposed
to get one? seems like many V set leading cars missed out on them.

I've seen some Tangaras have the destination indicators turned on, but were
they supposed to have the indicators installed? the earlier ones were orange
lights and it usually said "Via Wynyard" at the second line. D6144 had an
indicator displaying green text.

Railway Rasputin <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
37A7F53B.8E929554@fastlink.com.au">news:37A7F53B.8E929554@fastlink.com.au...

Hubert Lam wrote:
Just out of curiousity...
What the heck is the orange/yellowish paint that CityRail is painting on the
S/K/R/V supposed to be? I know the yellow "front" on the outer-suburban
Tangaras are supposed to distinguish them from suburban Tangaras, but this
orange paint is pretty pointless...it comes off so easily. Just look at the
fleet that belongs to sectors 1 & 2.
It is supposed to make the train easier to see. Sought of like a saftey vest
of trains.
It isn't jus a G set thing. Everything is supposed to get it.
rgds