Re: More Mile End Control - What are the Radio Frequencies Used for the North East??

Krel <krel4203@netconnect.com.au> wrote in message
37a7a96a.14282137@news.netconnect.com.au">news:37a7a96a.14282137@news.netconnect.com.au...
> On Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:19:36 +1000, "Grahame Ferguson"
> <grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au> wrote:
>

> >Notagunzel wrote in message <933304309.52714@newscache.net2000.com.au>...
> >>Spies with Scanners are reporting that at approx 1300
> >>yesterday 29/7, the NE CTC (Room 1) was transferred to Mile
> >>End.
> >What Train to Base Frequencies are used for the North East now that the
ARTC
> >now controls the Melbourne to Albury standard gauge line?
> >Are there separate frequencies for the broad and standard?
> >I have only heard broad gauge trains on Channel 6 so far.
> >
> Channel 6 switch automatically for SG (Mile End) and BG (Melbourne).
> Most NRC crews use the mobile phone for most contact so less radio
> chatter. Some switching difficulties has meant that, at times, the BG
> controller has relayed messages to/from Mile End.
>
> Cheers
>
> Krel

Kevin have they finally got those satalite phones to work????

NRC must be the only company that owns Satalite phones that can't track
satalites!!!!

Bob.