Re: More Mile End Control - What are the Radio Frequencies Used for the North East??

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:19:36 +1000, "Grahame Ferguson"
<grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au> wrote:

>Notagunzel wrote in message <933304309.52714@newscache.net2000.com.au>...
>>Spies with Scanners are reporting that at approx 1300
>>yesterday 29/7, the NE CTC (Room 1) was transferred to Mile
>>End.
>What Train to Base Frequencies are used for the North East now that the ARTC
>now controls the Melbourne to Albury standard gauge line?
>Are there separate frequencies for the broad and standard?
>I have only heard broad gauge trains on Channel 6 so far.

Channel 6 switch automatically for SG (Mile End) and BG (Melbourne).
Most NRC crews use the mobile phone for most contact so less radio
chatter. Some switching difficulties has meant that, at times, the BG
controller has relayed messages to/from Mile End.

Cheers

Krel

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu