Re: More Mile End Control - What are the Radio Frequencies Used for the North East??

In article <37a52578@nap-ns1> "Grahame Ferguson" <grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au> writes:
>From: "Grahame Ferguson" <grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au>
>Subject: Re: More Mile End Control -  What are the Radio Frequencies Used for
>the North East??
>Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:19:36 +1000

>Notagunzel wrote in message <933304309.52714@newscache.net2000.com.au>...
>>Spies with Scanners are reporting that at approx 1300
>>yesterday 29/7, the NE CTC (Room 1) was transferred to Mile
>>End.  There are/were problems with the patching of the Train
>>to Base radio to Mile End, and the N/E Channel 6 was being
>>worked from Room 2 (Western CTC), with the Room 2 controller
>>liasing with Adelaide.  Drivers with Mobile/Satellite phones
>>were being advised to dial an Adelaide number to speak
>>direct with the Controller.
>>
>>I have no information yet as to which board picked up the NE
>>BG.
>>
>>Additional useless information:  All this telemetry back to
>>Adelaide is being performed over a leased ATM circuit, if
>>that means anything?
>>
>>--
>>Mr Notagunzel.
>>Rail Transportation Connoisseur.
>>notagunzel@bigfoot.com
>>(Waiting for the next move at
>>http://www.bigfoot.com/~notagunzel)
>>

>What Train to Base Frequencies are used for the North East now that the ARTC
>now controls the Melbourne to Albury standard gauge line?
>Are there separate frequencies for the broad and standard?
>I have only heard broad gauge trains on Channel 6 so far.

>Thanks GF.

AFAIK there is still the one frequency pair for the NE line , 419.65 Mhz Base
Tx and 410.2 Mhz loco transmit for both SG & BG.
There may be a major problem in interfacing the shared Radio Gear to two
totally separated organizations .
When Radio was first introduced onto the NE corridor in early 1980s there were
two separate channels used , 419.65 for SG and 419.95 for BG, but this seems
to have been changed in around 1991 to just the one channel.
AFAIK 419.95 is now spare .
Might be worth having a listen on 419.95 again.

MD