Re: GNRS and other matters.

In article <37A3F951.1717839E@ancc.com.au> David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> writes:
>From: David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
>Subject: Re: GNRS and other matters.
>Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 17:37:53 +1000

>Maurie Daly wrote:

>> When you say up end , I presume you mean up in respect of Melb , ie the end of
>> the loop nearest Melb which brings up some interesting issues.
>> Chiltern, Violet Town and Somerton all have level crossings at the up end
>> which means that the loop extension would run over the level crossing if we
>> are going from 900M to 1600M .

>Might I suggest that the up end to ARTC might be the Sydney end (thinking globally) which would then mean
>that the level crossings are not an issue. Just imagine Somerton Road crossing over the middle of Somerton
>Loop.

>David Langley.

Err, yes , its a bit hard to think globally in Railway terms .
Would a Tarcoola to AP train be up or down , boggles the mind somewhat.
One curious thing about all this loop lenghthening is that there doesnt appear
to be any plans to lengthen any of the loops between Wolseley & Keswick which
are all around the 1100 M mark with the exception of Tailem Bend (2100M).
Might be the current crossing patterns are all in Vic.

MD